A stake body truck is essentially a flatbed truck with built-in sockets surrounding the edge of the bed. This enables the user to install upright stakes to create a “fence” around the load. The fencing helps to hold loads of loose materials in place during transit and can also provide additional support for taller objects. Stake trucks offer a practical hauling solution for companies in industries such as agriculture, landscaping and various heavy-duty trades.
How to Choose a Stake Body Truck
Knowing what to look for in a stake body can help you make the right purchasing decision for your company. Factors to consider include:
- Size: One of the most significant stake truck benefits is that you can choose the body size that best fits your load hauling requirements. For example, an eight-foot stake service body can accommodate smaller loads up to 1,800 pounds. If you need to carry larger loads, you can also select a 26-foot model that can handle 4,000 pounds.
- Racking: Does your company transport a high volume of equipment to and from your job sites? A stake service body with racks will prevent these items from falling out while your drivers are on the road. The “standard” rack size is 36 inches, although taller units are also available.
- Decking: You’ll likely want the stake service body manufacturing company to apply a coat of non-skid paint to the surface. This will help to prevent loads from shifting during transport, and it will also ensure better footing for your workers, especially during wet conditions.
- Lift gates: A lift gate is a popular stake body truck add-on feature. A side liftgate makes it easier to raise and lower heavy loads to and from the truck bed, which minimizes the risk of product and equipment damage — and helps to prevent injuries to your workers during loading and unloading.
- Toolboxes: If your workers must carry small tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, etc. to the job site, a toolbox will provide additional storage space for these items and keep them from sliding around on the bed. You can mount the toolbox under the bed so it won’t take up extra room on the surface.
Reading Truck Body Can Help You Spec the Right Stake Body for Your Fleet
Reading Truck Body has been helping companies like yours meet their truck body needs since 1955 — we’ve grown to become one of the leading truck equipment manufacturers in the United States. We offer a variety of stake service body options to accommodate companies in a broad assortment of industries. We can also customize our products to your requirements. Our service bodies come with comprehensive warranty coverage for your protection and peace of mind.
Learn More About Your Stake Body Truck Options
Reading Truck Body features an extensive distributor network across the U.S. that can help you select the right stake truck body for your fleet. You can also contact us online for additional product and pricing information.