You see them all the time: work trucks with commercial vehicle wraps that serve as mobile billboards. Truck fleet wraps often include taglines, web address, unique selling points and more. In short, fleet vehicle wraps can serve as brand builders that help your company gets its message out to a larger audience.
Should you wrap your fleet? If so, what are the key decision factors? If you’re considering work truck wraps for your fleet, here’s a look at everything you need to know before deciding.
The Pros of Truck Fleet Wraps
Work truck wraps are popular because of the many advantages they offer fleet managers and service businesses. Here’s a look at just three of the most prominent advantages to choosing commercial vehicle wrap for your fleet:
- Moving brand-builders: As noted above, truck fleet wraps turn vehicles into moving billboards that can help build brands. Not only do other cars on roads and highways become more familiar with your logo and branding, but they can also get a glimpse at the services you offer and the values you stand for — with the right messaging.
- Direct calls to action: Work truck wraps are also an opportunity to invite audience members to take the next step. When you include a phone number or web address on your commercial vehicle wrap, prospective customers can get in touch with you. You can even invite them to text a code to a certain number in order to access a deal or discount.
- Professionalism: If your work trucks are visiting homes and businesses to provide a service, a commercial vehicle wrap can enhance the presentation and professionalism of the visit. It’s far better for customers to see your technicians show up in a nice, clean, branded vehicle rather than an old truck that’s seen better days.
The Cons of Truck Fleet Wraps
Although they’re effective for many companies, truck fleet wraps aren’t for all businesses. In fact, there are some downsides to choosing fleet vehicle wraps that you’ll want to know about before making a decision. Here’s a look at three of the greatest challenges fleet managers face when considering commercial vehicle wrap:
- Different wraps for different vehicles: How many different vehicles do you have in your fleet? If you have a diverse fleet with lots of different kinds of vehicles, it can be more difficult to create a consistent look using work truck wraps. That’s not to say it’s impossible, but wrapping many different types of vehicles can be a longer and more challenging process.
- Fleet lifespan: How long will you be using your vehicles? In some cases, it’s not a good idea to wrap aging vehicles, as the wrap itself will last far longer than you’ll keep the vehicle. There is a silver lining to wrapping aging vehicles, though — the wrap serves as a protective layer that keeps the surface of the vehicle looking far younger than it’s actual age. You may also find the resale value is higher after wrapping vehicles.
- Choosing the messaging: Most fleet managers have a hard time deciding on messaging for their work truck wraps. There’s so much to say, but vehicles and work truck wraps offer limited space. Once you choose the messaging, though, moving forward on design is fast and easy by comparison.
As a fleet manager, a vehicle wrap is just one of many things you have to think about on a daily basis. At Reading Truck, we offer a range of high-quality services bodies and related accessories for when fleet managers need to make upgrades.